Hand Book 2021
Programs for International Students
I. About WUT
Founded in 1997, Wuchang University of Technology（WUT）, is a full-time undergraduate university with coordinated development of science, engineering, art, management, economics, literature, law, medicine & other disciplines. Situated in "Wuhan• Optics Valley of China" , Hubei province, WUT covers an area of about 828,100 square meters with an construction areas of over 403,000 square meters. It is located at the foot of the beautiful Menan Mountain & surrounded by the largest urban lake in China, Tangxun Lake. European style buildings are nestled in the green mountains & green waters. It is a picturesque campus among the top ten beautiful lakeside campuses in China.
There are 12 schools & 57 undergraduate programs in WUT, including School of International Education,School of Artificial Intelligence, School of Intelligent Construction, School of Life Science, School of Nursing, School of Business, School of Law & Literature, School of Art Design, School of Television & Media, School of General Caliber-oriented Education & School of Continuing Education. At present, WUT has over 16,000 students of undergraduates (4-year degree & 3-year diploma programs), post-graduates, & international students.
WUT has established partnerships with more than 50 universities from more than 20 countries, has enrolled more than 200 international students from more than 20 countries. In 2017, the university ranked Second Prize in the ranking of international competitiveness of private universities in China.
Non-Chinese citizens of secondary high school graduates, holding valid foreign passports in good health & with good character.
III. How to Apply
Website : http://www.wut.edu.cn/
IV. Application Requirements
1. Colored scanned copy of passport which is valid for at least one year
2. White background colored bareheaded digital photo in Passport size(The head takes up 2/3 of the size of the photo; the photo pixel is no less than 320*240, the aspect ratio is 4:3, the size is 100-500kb, JPG format)
3. The colored scanned copy of the original diploma of secondary high school & above (If it is not in English, an English or Chinese translation shall be provided.)
4. The colored scanned copy of the original transcript of secondary high school & above (If it is not in English, an English or Chinese translation shall be provided.)
5. Educational background & working experience detailed from primary school to the date of application
6. Transfer letter with attendance record for applicants with studying experience in China
7. Fixed deposit certificate with minimum US $3000
8. Medical report
9. None criminal record
V. Major Programs
1. None-degree Chinese language Program —HSK test Training course
2. English-media Bachelor Degree Program
1) Internation Economic & Trade
2) Business Administration
3) Civil Engineering
Notice: Your major may be shifted for insufficient number of students required.
VI. Fees Structure
1. Tuition: RMB 12,000 /year (Degree students);
RMB 6000 / semester (Non-degree students)
2. Accommodation: RMB 1500 /year
RMB 750 /semester
The students can apply for Freshmen Scholarship which covers RMB 2000-6000 ONCE.
Freshmen Scholarship is assessed by the documents of application, however Undergraduates Scholarship is assessed by academic performances.
VII. Application deadline
Spring: January 15 Fall: August 31
VIII. Contact Us
Address: No. 16 Jiangxia Road, Wuchang, Wuhan, Hubei, China, 430223
School of International Education, Wuchang University of Technology
Tel: 86-27-81652304; 81652305; 81652670；86-13407103827